Basic Newsletter Option

Price: $10.00 Newsletter which is available every second week. Includes, Top 210 for 98's, Top 130 for 99's. NEW ADDED TOP 40 western American players. interviews, previews and profiles. NOTE: NEWSLETTERS ARE SENT TO EMAIL THROUGH PDF FILE.NOTE: The January 24, 2013 newsletter is ready to be sent.

Full Season Package

Full Season package is $55.00. This package is for those of you who wish to receive the next 7 newsletters, taking you to past the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft. The donation amount is $55.00 for 7 issues. This will take subscribers to the final newsletter before the 2013 Bantam Draft!

Mid-Term Plan

Long-Term plan $100.00 for 15 issues. This would last through the August 22nd newsletter

Sponsorship/Advertisement

Accepting interested parties for sponsorship/advertisement in the newsletter/website from now through the completion of the 2013 bantam draft. contact: westernelitehockeypr@hotmail.ca

New Website

Please update your bookmarks. We are moving from the blogsite to a brand new website. We will keep the blog up for the time being until users have made the move over to the new site. http://westernelitehockeyprospects.com

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Elite Prospect: Parker Aucoin Q&A



Parker Aucoin
Calgary Northstar Sabres (AMBHL)
5’11 165lbs Forward
12-13 Stats:  17GP 23-13-36 35PIM

Where did you play your minor hockey and what have been some of your favorite personal and team memories up to this point in your hockey career?
I played minor hockey for the Simons Valley Hockey association in Calgary. My favorite team memory was when my second year Peewee team won Calgary Esso Minor Hockey Week. I also have played on various different teams during the spring and have been lucky enough to travel to play in Europe, the US and all over Western Canada. I have made many new friends - lots of which I still keep in contact with now.

Last year as a rookie, you had a tremendous season - finishing 2nd in team scoring with 15 goals and 37 points with the Northstar Sabres. What do you feel was the biggest reason for that type of success as a bantam rookie?
I feel that one of the reasons I had a successful season was due to my Jr. Hitmen spring coaches Vern Olson and Ets Patenaude. Their main focus all spring was to prepare us for AAA hockey. I feel the biggest reason for my success has been playing spring hockey for Vern Olson over the last three years as he has taught me a tremendous amount of things to make me not only a better hockey player but a better person on and off the ice. My Northstar coaches Dan Olsen and Marco Oliverio were also constantly pushing me to work and play my hardest. The older players on the team helped me out a lot by watching them and letting me learn from their success as well.

What hockey related activity did you take part in this summer? Whether it be; training, tournaments, camps and/or other?
This summer I took the whole month of July off and enjoyed vacation and doing other things. I continued to do some off- ice training. In August, I was lucky to be invited to skate with some of the Midget AAA Northstars. It was really nice to learn from and skate with the older guys.

With this being your bantam draft season, there are sure to be numerous scouts watching you. How do you think you will deal with that type of pressure if at all?
I honestly am going to try and not let the pressure get to me. I plan to not get too wrapped up in it, I will try to stay focused on just the hockey and be a strong positive leader for my team. I’m
going to continue to have a strong work ethic in every practice in order to be prepared to give 100 percent in all games. I feel I have great new coaching staff that will help me as well.

Talk about some of the strengths in your game that have made you an effective offensive hockey player? On the other hand, what weaknesses in your game do you feel you have to work on moving forward?
I feel that some of my strengths would be my competitive nature, heart and passion and genuine love for the game and drive to be better. There are few days that I do not shoot pucks in the garage and believe that my shooting and stick handling skills are my strengths because of this.
My weakness would be that I’m not a naturally good skater and this has always been a work in progress for me. I believe I have gotten faster and technically better due to going to Summit Academy and working with Wayne Dougherty over the last two years twice a week and focusing on theses individual things.

What type of hockey related goals do you have set out for yourself both short term (1-3 years) and long term?
My thoughts right now are to have a strong season with the Northstars and be a good leader for my team. My short term goals I have set for myself are to be selected in the Bantam Draft and to make the Alberta Cup team. My long term goal is to play hockey in the WHL and have a successful hockey career.

Lastly, who is your favourite NHL hockey player and if you could pick a player to compare your style of play to, who would it be?
Jarome Iginla is my favorite hockey player. I admire him for always being such a great ambassador for the game of hockey. He is skilled, a great role model for young players and a good leader on and off the ice.
I feel that I would like to compare my style of hockey to Eric Lindros (minus the concussions), a strong forward

No comments: