Top 5 - 1998 Born Prospects
1. Kale Clague - D - Lloydminster Heat
2011-2012 Stats: 33GP 11-23-34 44PIM
- Kale is one of those players whose game will be picked apart and leaving people wanting more at times just due to the fact that he will be entering his 3rd year in the AMBHL. The 5'11 150lb defenseman is #1 on most lists, not all but #1 on ours. He will be part of a stacked Edmonton Mercury's team in Winnipeg from June 14-17 and at that time we'll see if others have caught him, or not.
2. Tyler Benson - F - SSAC Southgate Lions
2011-2012 Stats: 33GP 34-50-84 44PIM
- Tyler burst on to the scene this season playing on a line with high 2012 WHL Bantam selection Giorgio Estephan. On could argue that Estephan helped inflate his numbers to an extent but there were also times when Benson was going and Estephan was not. Benson lead the prestigious John Reid Memorial Tournament in scoring with 21 points in 5 games. He also part of the Edmonton Mercury's spring team and has played at a tournament in Toronto and more than held his own against the best in the country.
3. Jaeger White - F - Burnaby Winter Club Bruins
2011-2012 Stats: 32GP 28-23-51 16PIM
- It is no secret anymore that Jaeger White is leaving Medicine Hat and will be living and playing with the BWC Bruins next season. White, if you remember broke Ty Rattie's peewee goal scoring record with 124 goals in 30 games in the SCAHL. He won the scoring race by 55 goals and 49 points. In his rookie season in the AMBHL, he racked up nearly a goal per game. This spring he has led two tournaments in scoring, including the Challenge Cup. White will be a key cog in what is a turning of the leaf for BWC this year.
4. Nolan Patrick - F - Winnipeg Hawks
2011-2012 Stats: 17GP 13-17-40 22PIM
- In what is shaping up to be a great year for top end talent in Manitoba, the province will most likely be led by Nolan Patrick. Yes, Patrick is from the NHL "Patrick" family as he uncle James played almost 1300 games in the show. Nolan is the most dynamic scorer and will look to put a full season together after an injury plagued 2011-2012. The Hawks are a favouite to go to westersn and Patrick will be a major reason why.
5. Dante Fabbro - D - Burnaby Winter Club Bruins
2011-2012 Stats: NA
- Dante was a key member of the champion BWC Bruins last season as a first year bantam player. He has all the tools to be a great WHL defenceman and possibly a pro one day. Last season, his John Reid Memorial Tournament was outstanding and his work on the PP was much needed from the first year player on that squad. This summer, Dante is playing with teammate to be - Jaeger White and they will also be at the Winnipeg North American Hockey Classic.
Top 5 - 1999 Born Prospects
1. Jordy Bellerive - F - North Shore Winter Club Winterhawks
2. Alec Capstick - D - Langley Eagles
3. Kyle Olson - F - Calgary Bisons
4. James Malm - F - Langley Eagles
5. Stelio Mattheos - F - Winnipeg Monarchs
Top 5 - Western USA Prospects
1. Joey Anderson - F - Roseville, MN
2. Patrick Khodorenko - F - LA Selects
3. Ryan Lindgren - D - Shattuck St. Mary's
4. Blake Bargar - F - LA Jr. Kings
5. Kiefer Bellows - F - Edina, MH
Top 5 - Western Canada Team Rankings
1. Burnaby Winter Club Bruins (PCAHA)
- BWC looks to be set in all areas heading in to the start of the 2012-2013 season. They have what could be 3 top 2 round selections as Dante Fabbro, Matt Barberis and Cameron Ginnetti will be joined by Devon Purhar. Tyler Shugrue returns from last years team but has good ability and could be one of the first goalies taken in the '13 Draft. Jaeger White, Jake Kryski, Kyle Uy and Kenny Kylyshbek give ample offence to the club.
2. Winnipeg Hawks (WPG AAA)
- The Hawks should be one of the favourites heading in to next season. They are coming off a dominating season in which they went 24-5-1, averaging 4.5 GPG and allowing less than two goals per game. The stingy GAA numbers in large part to our top ranked goalie Ryan Kubic who was 14-2-0 with a 1.40 GAA. Nolan Patrick, Vince Loschaivo and Connor Barley add loads of scoring while defensively Liam Schioler, Adam Thurlbeck and Skyler Thorsteinson give some size and skill.
3. SSAC Southgate Lions (AMBHL)
- SSAC are returning 5 players from their AMBHL Championship team and many of them are key players and were key players last season. Our #1 ranked forward in the draft Tyler Benson will be the offensive catalyst and is joined by returning forward Peter Tomares. Defensively, the reigning defensmean of the year, David Quenneville returns along with both goalie Stuart Skinner and Matt Berlin. Benson, Quenneville and Skinner are likely in the top 3 in the province at their positions. We'll see what depth they add but they should be in contention.
4. Airdrie Xtreme (AMBHL)
- The south promisses to be a dog fight next year with Bisons looking strong again, the Northstar Sabres with several key returnees but Airdrie looks to have the most key areas covered. In goal, Kurtis Chapman is coming off a fantasic rookie season while defensively Tanaka and Seefried were good players as rookies and should progress further. Up front, Jordan McConnell and Dillon Dube could be a very dangerous 1-2 punch and add in some good depth and good rookies coming in and we feel this will be a team to watch.
5. Calgary Bisons (AMBHL)
- Matthew Phillips and Kyle Olson will look to take over the reigns offensively this time around left from Merkley and Shmyr. All though, they likely won't put up the same type of numbers, the Bisons will get an influx of talent from the AA ranks which could give them more help. Ryely Mckinstry is one of the better 98 born prospects in the province on defense while AA players Kevin Pierce and Josh Patrician will help too. The goaltending duties will likely be handled by Nicholas Sanders who was great last season in AA.
Sherwood Park, Calgary Northstar Sabres, Winnipeg Monarchs, Notre Dame, POE, OHA, Yorkton, Calgary Bronks, Lloydminster, NSWC, Langley, Abbotsford.
Basic Newsletter Option
Price: $10.00 Newsletter which is available every second week. Includes, Top 210 for 98's, Top 130 for 99's. NEW ADDED TOP 40 western American players. interviews, previews and profiles. NOTE: NEWSLETTERS ARE SENT TO EMAIL THROUGH PDF FILE.NOTE: The January 24, 2013 newsletter is ready to be sent.
Full Season Package
Full Season package is $55.00. This package is for those of you who wish to receive the next 7 newsletters, taking you to past the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft. The donation amount is $55.00 for 7 issues. This will take subscribers to the final newsletter before the 2013 Bantam Draft!
Long-Term plan $100.00 for 15 issues. This would last through the August 22nd newsletter
Accepting interested parties for sponsorship/advertisement in the newsletter/website from now through the completion of the 2013 bantam draft. contact: email@example.com