Basic Newsletter Option

Price: $10.00 Newsletter which is available every second week. Includes, Top 210 for 98's, Top 130 for 99's. NEW ADDED TOP 40 western American players. interviews, previews and profiles. NOTE: NEWSLETTERS ARE SENT TO EMAIL THROUGH PDF FILE.NOTE: The January 24, 2013 newsletter is ready to be sent.

Full Season Package

Full Season package is $55.00. This package is for those of you who wish to receive the next 7 newsletters, taking you to past the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft. The donation amount is $55.00 for 7 issues. This will take subscribers to the final newsletter before the 2013 Bantam Draft!

Mid-Term Plan

Long-Term plan $100.00 for 15 issues. This would last through the August 22nd newsletter

Sponsorship/Advertisement

Accepting interested parties for sponsorship/advertisement in the newsletter/website from now through the completion of the 2013 bantam draft. contact: westernelitehockeypr@hotmail.ca

New Website

Please update your bookmarks. We are moving from the blogsite to a brand new website. We will keep the blog up for the time being until users have made the move over to the new site. http://westernelitehockeyprospects.com

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Getting to know 98 born defenseman - Dawson Davidson



Dawson Davidson

Melville Millionaires (SBAAHL)
5’7 145lb Defence
2011-2012 Stats: 22GP 3-38-41 20PIM

First off, where did you play your minor hockey and what were some of your favourite personal and team memories up to this point in your hockey career?
I played my minor hockey in Moosomin, Sask. For a house league team we were pretty good. We would do very well in AA tournaments. One of my favorite personal highlights would have to be when I was a first year atom, and I played provincials with the peewees. One of my favorite team memories would be winning the south Saskatchewan hockey league when I was a first year peewee with the Moose Mountain Wild.

Last season you were one of the leading scorers in the South Saskatchewan Peewee league. How have you found the transition in going from scoring loads of goals to being a first year defenseman in the league with Melville?
Well, it was a huge change. I played defence for my entire life before last year. After I knew I was a defenseman, I was really looking forward to playing bantam. I didn't know what to expect. I just try to play a role on my team and contribute to the best of my ability.

Describe some of your main strengths as a defenseman that you feel help separate you from some of the others in the 98 age group? Conversely, which weaknesses in your game do you feel could use some work moving forward?
I find I move the puck pretty good and see the ice well. I try to use my speed as much as possible. Moving forward, I need to work on my shot. As a defenseman, you need to have a good shot. I also need to work on my toughness in the corners and in front of the net.

List some of your personal and team goals you have set for next year - leading up towards the bantam draft? How will you go about obtaining those goals?
A personal goal next year is to get drafted into the WHL. That is almost every AA or AAA bantam players dream. I will continue to work hard as I'm an offensive defenseman and help lead Melville far next season.
After the season is complete, what do you plan on doing over the summer in regards to hockey related activity? Which summer hockey team are you going to play for if any?
In the summer I am planning on working out a lot to get prepared for the big year. I want to stay on the ice as much as possible. I hope to play for the Saskatoon Jr. Blades this summer.

Who have been some of the biggest hockey influences so far for you? List some players or coaches who have helped you along the way?
My dad was a big influence on me - he always encouraged me along the way. My coaches have really helped me. They are always supportive. My team-mates have also helped me; we are like a family and always have each of our backs.

Finally, who is your favourite hockey player and which player would you like to model your game after if you had to select one player?
My favorite hockey player would be Sidney Crosby. He is so smart with and without the puck. A player I would model my game after would be Nick Lidstrom. He is a great passer and leader. Someday I hope to end up just like him.

No comments: