WEHP announce the preliminary top 10 team rankings for the 2012-2013 season. We realize that rosters are far from being set but the rankings take in to account number of potential draft picks, returning players and likely new players coming up from AA or peewee players coming up. As the rosters become more clear prior to the start of the season, the rankings are subject to change.
1. BWC Bruins - Strong from the net out with Shugrue and carried on through the defense core with Fabbro, Barberis, Ginnetti. Jaeger White joins the team from Medicine Hat.
Kingpin: Jaeger White
Defense: Dante Fabbro/Matt Barberis
99 Born: Henry Rhyu
2. SSAC Southgate Lions - Some of their best players last season were first year bantams in Quenneville and Benson. Both goalies return as well.
Kingpin: Tyler Benson
Defense: David Quenneville
99 Born: Josh Paterson
3. Winnipeg Hawks - The Hawks were 24-5-1 and won the Division 2 or 98 born division. Nolan Patrick, Loschaivo, Brakel and Barley lead up front while Kubic could be the top 98 born goalie this year.
Kingpin: Nolan Patrick/Ryan Kubic
Defense: Adam Thurlbeck
99 Born: NA
4. Calgary Bisons - Matthew Phillips as though he will take the next step in his development and lead the Bisons up front. Kyle Olson is one of the top 99 born players in western Canada. Ryley McKinstry is very solid on defnse.
Kingpin: Matthew Phillips
Defense: Ryley Mckinstry
99 Born: Ayden Roche-Setoguchi
5. POE - At this point it isn't exactly know to the "public" who will be on this squad. Jost, Ayre and Mcdonald are three high scoring players and the defense coming in are very good.
Kingpin: Tyson Jost
99 Born: TBD
6. Airdrie Xtreme - The Xtreme had a bit of a rebuilding season last year but will return to near the top this time around. Tanaka, Dube, McConnell are key returnees. Kurtis Chapman should be one of the best in goal next year.
Kingpin: Kurtis Chapman
Defense: Adamu Tanaka
99 Born: Gary Haden
7. Lloydminster Heat - Kale Clague will enter his 3rd year of bantam hockey and should dominate. Petrie, Shaw, Johnson add depth. 99 born star Zane Franklin should make a big impact for a first year player.
Kingpin: Kale Clague
Defense: Kale Clague
99 Born: Zane Franklin
8. NSWC Winterhawks - Once again the NSWC team will be one to be taken very seriously. Hannoun, Anholt, Benjafield, Kwan and Colebourne give them a nice nucleous. Add in 99 born star players Bellerive, Kneen and Almeida for even more depth.
Kingpin: Dante Hannoun
Defense: Ryan Pouliot/Marcus Kwan
99 Born: Jordy Bellerive
9. Langley Eagles - Led by Luke Gingras up front. Kaelan Anderson, Dennis Cholowski and a cast of very talented 99 born players should make them a top 3 PCAHA team or close.
Kingpin: Luke Gingras
Defense: Dennis Cholowski
99 Born: James Malm
10. Notre Dame Hounds - The Hounds should have a bounce back season with several of the Balgonie Prairie Storm top 98's heading there next year. The other recruits are also very good.
Defense: Nolan Reid
OHA, Calgary Bronks, Brandon, Winnipeg Monarchs, Calgary Royals and Calgary Northstar Sabres, Abbotsford
Basic Newsletter Option
Price: $10.00 Newsletter which is available every second week. Includes, Top 210 for 98's, Top 130 for 99's. NEW ADDED TOP 40 western American players. interviews, previews and profiles. NOTE: NEWSLETTERS ARE SENT TO EMAIL THROUGH PDF FILE.NOTE: The January 24, 2013 newsletter is ready to be sent.
Full Season Package
Full Season package is $55.00. This package is for those of you who wish to receive the next 7 newsletters, taking you to past the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft. The donation amount is $55.00 for 7 issues. This will take subscribers to the final newsletter before the 2013 Bantam Draft!
Long-Term plan $100.00 for 15 issues. This would last through the August 22nd newsletter
Accepting interested parties for sponsorship/advertisement in the newsletter/website from now through the completion of the 2013 bantam draft. contact: firstname.lastname@example.org